Wash your hands!!
Countless, terribly countless times I have been in a public restroom when someone leaves their toilet stall and simply exits the room without so much as a glance at the wash basin. I am so skeeved by it I grab a paper towel just to touch the doorknob to exit!
This article scares me.
Not only are your germs gross, they can be toxic and even deadly.
A certain colleague of mine woke up one day with warts, yes WARTS on his arm. The doc said he contracted a wart-causing skin bacteria from one of his clients…from stretching them. Needless to say he uses towels to touch his clients. One dear physical therapy friend found a small but painful pimple on his thigh…a nasty staph infection that nearly killed him due to a misdiagnosis by his doc! I have a nasty plantar’s wart on the bottom of my foot likely from a dirty pedicure or the gym shower. A friend of mine has impetigo. She’s had it for over a year and it keeps coming back like a bad penny.
The point is, my friends, that we all need to take serious precautions when we’re exposing our skin in public:
- keep your clothes clean and dry
- use clean towels after bathing
- don’t share razors or water bottles
- cleanse with antibacterial soap
- wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer
- clean the gym machine you’re using before and after each use
- avoid skin-to-skin contact: instead of the hi-five, do a fist bump!
- keep your skin clean by showering often-rather have dry skin than ringworm!
- wear flip-flops in your gym’s shower. plantar’s warts are painful!
Let’s all clean up our act, shall we?