A Buff Bride
I have trained countless brides for their wedding day. Every single one of them made major changes to their bodies and looked fantastic in their various open-back, sleeveless, and spaghetti-strap gowns. So when it was MY turn to slim down, I took some tips of my own and dropped 7 pounds in 6 months…which, for me, was no small feat! Read on:
- Break bad habits early on. As soon as you know your wedding date, assess your cravings. If it’s ice cream you adore, that weekly date with pizza or late-night snacking, knock it off! Months before the big day, making those small changes will take a huge chunk off your thighs and inches off that dress!
- Sign up for a pre-wedding competition. Look for a 5-15K run in your area, a mini-triathlon or a charity walk and train for it. Having a fitness goal will keep you on-track and more focused.
- Hire a good coach and check in regularly. Budget in a personal trainer or dietitian to hold yourself accountable during pre-wedding parties and showers.
- Always have an eating plan and stick to it. You don’t grocery shop when you’re hungry, so don’t go to a restaurant without looking at the menu online. Too many options when you’re ravenous will set you up for failure. Plan out your meals and snacks a day ahead!
- Keep a food & exercise log. Knowing how many calories you’re consuming and burning will make all the difference.
- Remember that consistency in everything provides results. If you eat clean and exercise regularly, you will lose weight. Conversely, if you eat chips & guacamole, french fries and skip workouts, so will your waist! Garbage in, garbage out!
- Keep your eyes on the prize. You can rest during the honeymoon.
With a little sacrifice and a lot of hard work, you’ll feel amazing on your wedding day! Trust me. I did!