If you fail to plan…
I live and die by my calendar. Because I run my own business, every last minute of my day is scheduled so that I can stay as efficient as possible and make the most of each day. After all, lost time can never be found, right?!
Since my business is fitness and fitness is my business, I need to look the part at all times. At the beginning of each week, I schedule my workouts in my calendar as if it’s a doctor’s appointment. That 60 or 90 minutes are mine: I earned them! Staying fit is non-negotiable.
Below are some tips that have helped me stick to my fitness goals and maximize limited time at the gym:
- Pack your gym bag the night before. Did you forget headphones? A water bottle? Spinning shoes?
- Schedule an appointment with a co-worker on lunch and take a 45-minute cardio sculpt class at the gym
- Get in, get ‘er done, get out. Make a plan, write it down, stick to it.
- Stay focused. Avoid Chatty Cathy!
- Turn up the music and work to the beat!
- Pack a protein-rich snack so you’re not caught empty-handed after a workout.
- Do high-intensity circuit training if you’re pressed for time to get the most bang for your buck!
- Leave the planning to someone else: schedule a session with a trainer.
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!