Book it! Get outta dodge!
With weekly predictions of a major snowstorm, high winds and below-freezing temperatures, it’s challenging to plan outdoor workouts in advance. I love running in the park, walking around town or biking to-and-from my clients. But this weather makes it tough to stay in bikini shape! For that reason, my husband and I will focus on fitness during our winter getaway. I crave workouts in shorts, the hot wind drying my sweat leaving white salt on my brow and the sun daring to peek past my SPF!
There are several ideas that come to mind as great alternatives to lazing on a beach (not that there’s anything wrong with that):
- What about biking and snorkeling in Hawaii?
- I would love to hike the Grand Canyon.
- We go to Florida quite a bit but have never been to the Keys — what bout a little kayak adventure?
- I think doing yoga in Costa Rica sounds amazing.
- If we don’t end up taking off, a day at Great Jones Spa in Soho is tempting!
For sanity’s sake, budget a little adventure into your life! If you’re considering a trip but still haven’t booked, be sure to plan fitness into the equation.