Love. It's not for dinner.
Dinner. Roses. Chocolate. Card. Hype. Ugh.
If you’re bored with the usual ho-hum tradition of overpriced prix-fixe restaurant fare on Valentine’s Day, you’re not alone. Every year, millions of Americans fill up restaurants and stuff their faces, adding to their winter waistlines. With a little creativity and planning ahead, you can make this year a memorable one and have some real fun! Read on…
- Give your love the gift of Lululemon followed with a partner yoga class.
- Visit a spa and get a couples’ massage. Enjoy each other’s company post-massage in the steam room.
- Throw down a blanket, light some candles, pack a basketfull of nibbles, pour some bubbly and plan an ‘indoor picnic’.
- Make your living room into a low-lit lounge: turn on some sexy music and dance together.
- Go stargazing. Visit the planetarium.
- Play board games. Compete for naughty prizes.
- Jack up your heart rate: Go skiing. Or sledding. Or ice skating. Cuddle up around a fireplace with a skim hot chocolate post-adventure.
- If you’re in a warm climate, take a hike. Enjoy the quiet of nature.
- Test your trust for each other: try indoor rock climbing at a local climbing wall.
- Go bowling. Add a little competition to your night!
- See each other from a new perspective: take in some modern art at a local museum or gallery crawl. Or check out other Time Out New York happenings at this link for more crazyness.