Get Your Spring Fling On!
What are you training for? Training to lose weight but never seeming to hit your target is frustrating and tedious. Those same ol’ 5, 10, 30 pounds never seem to go anywhere…ugh! Stop training for weight loss! Instead, train for something fun, like the MS Walk this spring, the Urban Dare (I’m doing it and could use another team to beat!)or Grandma’s Marathon in June. If you follow my blog, you know that I stress, emphasize, and encourage everyone to have a goal.
Sometimes it’s easy:
- Your cousin’s getting married this summer and you have to wear “that dress”
- You want to look amazing at your high school reunion
- You’re newly divorced and looking to get back into the game
If you’re struggling to create an event for yourself, consider the following:
- choose a sport each season to avoid repetitive injury
- take surf (or swimming, tennis, boxing) lessons
- book a trip to a scantily-clad beach
- sign up for a race every month
- find fun in your neighborhood: pick-up basketball, baseball, etc.
By always having something to look forward to, your workouts will remain inspiring, your body will constantly evolve and that dreaded plateau will become a thing of the past that other people fight against.
Shoot me an email if you need a little help getting motivated. I assure you I’ll help get you moving!!