I have a fitness photoshoot in, like, a week. Although I haven’t been slacking in my workouts, the intensity hasn’t been where it should be, given that I have to look like a legit trainer on camera. Time to step it up, PRONTO.
So here’s the million dollar question: What’s the quickest, safest way to slim down?
Many people say the fastest way to get in shape at the last minute is to do a juice cleanse, but as we know, after a week or so the dieter gains all 3 pounds back and then some…it’s just not worth killing the metabolism for 3-5 pounds!
- Clean up the diet. I’m talkin’ about eating clean, whole, plant-based foods…and avoid inflammatory foods, like animal products (steak, cheese, etc.) and be nit-picky on portions.
- Increase water intake to flush out the crap from your system. Literally. Add lemon for added cleansing.
- Green tea helps. I drink a cup each day.
- Make yourself uncomfortable: increase workout intensity. By wearing a heart rate monitor, you’ll know exactly how hard you’re working. High intensity interval training will give you the best bang for your buck: Sprints. This workout. Kickboxing. Lift HEAVY: go hard or go home. Don’t give me this lameness of “but I don’t wanna bulk up” ’cause I’ll kick you in the ribs.
- Decrease salt intake to reduce water retention.
- Sleep 8+ hours = sleep burns fat!!
- Keep stress levels at a minimum or do your best to combat it with yoga.
- Saturday: Kickboxing 1hr
- Sunday: Run Central Park’s 15K (but I have to add 2 miles for my training, so I’ll run to the starting line from my house)
- Monday: Heavy strength training 45 minutes, yoga 45 minutes
- Tuesday: High intensity interval training: 10 all-out 1-minute sprints with 1 minute recovery
- Wednesday: 45 minutes low-intensity cardio, like the elliptical
- Thursday: Heavy strength training
- Friday: High-intensity interval training: calisthenics, baby!
- Saturday: yoga and extra sleep
- Sunday: Half Marathon in Central Park and photo shoot in the afternoon.