Spring Sprang (Sprung?)
Most people gain 5 pounds during the winter season, spending this time of year trying to shed the extra layer before beach season hits. But, if you’re like many this year, the weather was so favorable all season that you may have maintained or even dropped a size! Especially if you seized those countless opportunities when the weather was warm to get your outdoor workout on! (Or, if you’re like me, you had the flu so many times it counter-balanced your slack!)
Whatever the case, getting a jump-start on summer should be easy. With just a few simple “to-do’s,” you can be looking and feeling your best in no time!
- Tune up your bike. Yeah, you know, that thing in your garage or closet that has dust or clothes hanging from it? Bring it to the bike shop for air, grease and a clean-up. Then, USE IT.
- Swap sweaters for tee’s. Clean out your closet. Is there something you haven’t worn in 2 years? Donate it. Dig out your colorful springwear and smile.
- Open your windows. Air out old man winter. Get a kick-start on spring cleaning…crank up your tunes and sweat it out.
- Fix that tennis racquet, already (or other broken sporting equipment lying around)!! After the string broke 2 years ago, it’s sat under your bed gathering dust. Stop procrastinating…when you actually want to use it, it’ll be ready, just like you!
- Sign up for a summer sporting league. If you don’t play the game, you’ll never win.
- Suit up. Yes, try on your bathing suit and take a hard look in the mirror. Don’t like what you see? You have just enough time to clean up your bad habits, so hop to it!
- Do some sole-searching. Check your athletic shoes: is the bottom worn out? Are they more than 9 months old? Yes? Protect your knees and buy new ones!
- Tune up. Dust off your music library for new inspiration: download new, peppy, happy music to match these sunny days!
Will you be ready?