Taking a defeatist approach to your body will get you nowhere. What worked in our 20′s doesn’t work so well as we age: our body’s hormone levels change. Many people give up, settling for a mediocre figure, choosing to “live with it” and complain hopelessly. Few actually take time to learn about their bodies and make a true effort to feel better about themselves.
Excuses are easy to come by: there is always a birthday or wedding celebration, planned trip or sick child. Life gets in the way, sleep is fleeting and the years creep by. Tomorrow’s promise to be better becomes a pipe dream.
If you choose not to make time for yourself, you’re the only one to blame.
Making changes to your body takes a bit of time, energy and thought. But you have to want it so badly that you’re willing to make some life changes. Shake it up a bit!
- Put yourself first. While your kids/husband are still asleep, bust out 30 minutes of nasty, hardcore calisthenics.
- Clean it up. ‘Moderation’ clearly doesn’t work. Cut out the crap: the ice cream, cookies, chips and soda. Enough is enough!
- Strength train! Lift heavy, like you mean it and boost your metabolism. Add muscle to your frame. If you’re a chick, don’t even utter the “bulky” word…
- Take a positive attitude towards your workouts. If you dread going to the gym, it WILL suck. Find joy in the burn: the more discomfort, the better. Embrace it!
- Go to bed, already. Nothing good happens after 10pm. Turn off the lights and get proper rest.