Smooth Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies are a staple in my everyday summer diet. Whether for breakfast or a post-workout meal, I love how easy and brainless it is to put together a balanced meal: no muss, no fuss.
Skoog’s Summer 2013 Smooth Smoothie
Put the following ingredients in a blender
- 20 grams vanilla whey protein (I use Biochem from Whole Foods)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs (raw chocolate pieces)
- 1 packet frozen acai (I use Sambazon)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter (the REAL stuff)
- 1 cup almond milk
- OPTIONAL: handful of spinach or kale for an extra serving of green
Blend/pulse together until desired consistency. I like mine a little chunky so that I can enjoy some chewy bits. Stan blends it until it’s smooth as a baby’s butt. Either way, it’s yummy.
Serves 1 hungry adult