Paleo Pumpkin Muffins!
Today I decided to roll up my sleeves and get my hands dirty in the kitchen! I made a batch of my favorite pumpkin muffins. You might ask: Well, aren’t you on a low carb diet, Jenny? Yes. Yes, I am! I should preface this post: I despise conventional muffins (ie Starbucks) because traditional muffin recipes call for ungodly amounts of flour and enough sugar to keep your dentist in business for a long, long time. My delicious recipe calls for absolutely no gluten and I’ve nixed sugar and opted for honey instead. Besides being tastier, honey is a lower glycemic index carbohydrate and will keep you feeling full, longer.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy them… I may or may not have sunk my teeth in one while writing this post!
ALSO!!! I’ve filmed myself making these muffins in my kitchen, it’s actually hilarious. Check it out, here!
- 1/2 banana
- ¾ cup spiced canned pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup local honey
- 1 ½ cups hazelnut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of salt
Well how do I make these, babies?
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Line muffin tin with your favorite decorative muffin liners
- Mix wet ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix all the dry ingredients into the wet but don’t over-mix
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes
- Test for doneness by inserting a fork or toothpick, if it pulls out clean, they’re finished!
- ENJOY, responsibly of course