On it. Today.
After last night’s sugar binge, getting back on track today should be swift and wide-swept, especially if self-discipline and appetite control went out the window. Here’s how to hit that reset button:
- Begin the day by squeezing 1/2 lemon into a tall glass of room-temp water and gulp it down.
- Have a high-fiber, protein-rich breakfast. Examples include: 3-egg white omlette with all the veggies money can buy and a side of 1/2 slice ezekiel toast; steel-cut oats made with almond milk, 1 Tbsp almond butter and 1/2 cup blueberries; nonfat greek yogurt with 1 Tbsp ground flax and 1/2 cup strawberries.
- Plan your meals for the day: pack 2 snacks and lunch. For example, toss 15 raw almonds and an apple in your work satchel alongside a salad with grilled chicken and a side of whole-wheat pita with 1/4 cup hummus. YUM!
- Schedule and program your workout…then, stick to the plan. Ideally you’ll do a fat-burning “reset” workout, like 10 treadmill sprints or strength training circuits with little rest. Be sure to keep your heart rate elevated and hydrate properly!
- Have a light and healthy dinner early this evening and get to bed early tonight: you’ll feel like a champ tomorrow morning and the weekend will be your oyster!